Exception when creating MotionTrackingClient

May 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Hi Josh,

I'm getting an exception when I'm trying to create a MotionTrackingClient. 

The object is constructed with no problem when using your examples.

I'm getting an exception that is at the top level a bad image format exception, but looking into the inner exception it looks like there is a problem with reflecting/constructing the DirectCanvas dll/obj. 

Cheers,

Jeff

System.BadImageFormatException occurred
  Message=Could not load file or assembly 'DirectCanvas, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
  Source=InfoStrat.MotionFx
  FileName=DirectCanvas, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = BoggsSystems1\Jeff
LOG: DisplayName = DirectCanvas, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Documents/Expression/Blend 4/Projects/MarketinAssets/Consumers Catalog/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : InfoStrat.MotionFx, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Jeff/Documents/Expression/Blend 4/Projects/MarketinAssets/Consumers Catalog/bin/Debug/DirectCanvas.DLL.
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x8007000b). Probing terminated.

StackTrace:
       at InfoStrat.MotionFx.MotionTrackingClient..ctor(FrameworkElement root, MotionTrackingScreen screen)
       at Consumers_Catalog.MainWindow.MainWindow_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Expression\Blend 4\Projects\MarketinAssets\Consumers Catalog\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 88
  InnerException:

Coordinator
May 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM

You'll need to set your executable project config to compile as x86.

May 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Yep, same problem as the last thread that I posted :P  My bad.  It works now of course.